It’s been a long 8 months since we announced the launch of the Smart-Pig Student Society Sponsorship Awards, designed by the founders of Smart-Pig.com to help those vital, yet often underfunded, university societies.
Having run his own society at the University of Warwick, Co-Founder of Smart-Pig, Tom Parks, understands the relentless commitment and determination needed to provide a society to fellow students. We also understand how hard it is to get money from the union to pay for excursions, equipment and everything else!
We can’t thank the societies enough who have submitted their applications for this year’s award of £2,000 cash! Some of your applications have brought tears to our eyes as we read of your struggle and lack of support from some unions! Nonetheless, we have shortlisted 8 societies and we are proud to announce them as:
- Trinity Titan (Leeds Trinity University)
- GECKO society (University of Hertfordshire)
- Stephenson College Boat Club (Durham University)
- The Social Society (University of Bolton)
- MedChir RFC (Glasgow University)
- The Tribe (St. Andrews, Scotland)
- SWOT (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Volunteering and Fundraising Society (Bath Spa University)
As well as the main award of £2,000 cash, we will also be giving 2 societies a runner up award of £500 each.
All you need to do now is support your society and comment on the page and share with your fellow members.
Wishing you all the very best of luck.
The winning society will be announced, alongside with the 2 runner ups, on 14th October 2016.
We'd also like to wish every student the very best of luck in your degrees.