What are fast cash student loans?
With so much to think about while you’re at university, the last thing you need is money troubles to cast a cloud over everything and become a distraction.
With our simple, fast student loans, you could get your hands on up to £350 to help you get back to what matters the most. In the vast majority of cases, we transfer cash on the same day – sometimes in just an hour. They’re ideal if you have an unexpected cost that needs clearing quickly.
We might help you get a student loan fast but we won’t chase you unfairly for early repayment. If you’re relying on your student finance while at uni, we’re happy to wait for you to repay until your next instalment.
And even if it’s still a while until next term, it doesn’t mean your interest will pile up. We cap our rates at 50% of your borrowing and don’t sneak any additional fees in or charge you extra for late repayments.
How fast can I get a student loan?
Fast, simple, transparent – that’s how our student loans work. Here’s the way to apply.
- Be studying at a UK college or university and in receipt of government finance in the form of a Student Loan, NHS Bursary or SAAS Award.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of the UK
- Have a valid UK bank account and debit card
- Not be in an insolvency arrangement such as bankruptcy or an IVA
If each of those applies to you, you can go ahead and apply for a fast money loan for students.
1. Fill in an application
Let us know what you want to borrow and the repayment date on our student loans calculator. The date of your next student finance payment should be on your statement. If you can’t find it, use the first day of next term instead. If you’ll be able to repay earlier, put this date and you might be able to save on interest.
If you’re not already registered with us, create an account and complete your application. You’ll need:
- A valid email address
- Your bank and debit card details
- A working mobile phone
We’ll also get some details about your expenditure and run a credit check to see whether you can afford the repayment. We’ll also need some bits from your student finance. Check our guides for help on getting this.
- How to get your Student Finance Letter
- How to get your NHS Bursary Letter
- How to get your SAAS Award Letter
2. Reply to enquiries
We’ll use this information and the details from your credit report to run affordability checks. We might need you to confirm some things, so keep an eye on your phone and emails in case we get in touch. If we do, reply promptly so we can get on with processing your application.
3. Get paid
Our easy, fast student loans live up to the name. Once approved, we’ll deposit your money immediately and it should be in your account within a few minutes.
What can fast cash student loans be used for?
Uni life moves fast – learning new things, meeting new faces and exploring new places. So if you need financial help, you need a provider that can keep pace.
Our fast private student loans can help you maintain your freedom when money gets tight.
- Unexpected costs: If your laptop breaks, you’ll need it repaired or replaced asap.
- Living costs: If you find next year’s ideal accommodation, you might need a deposit to secure it.
- Uni costs: Things like materials or equipment to assist your learning.
We’re serious about being a responsible lender. If we don’t think you can afford it, or it could put you into more trouble, we won’t go ahead.
We’ll apply the same human touch when assessing your credit report, so if you need short-term help but don’t have a perfect score, check out our fast student loans for bad credit.
Why choose Smart-Pig’s easy, fast student loans?
We know first-hand that many lenders don’t offer fast loans for students in an emergency. Smart-Pig is different.
- Student-specific loans: We set up Smart-Pig after our own experience at uni. We don’t want you to suffer at the hands of unscrupulous lenders as we did.
- No fees: Nothing hidden and no harsh punishments if circumstances change and you can’t pay on time.
- Help when finance is late: It’s common for student finance to arrive a bit later than expected. We’ll give you 10 days’ grace if this happens and you won’t pay extra interest.
- Capped interest: Browse our site and you’ll see different interest rates advertised, but there’s only one you need to remember – 50% of your borrowing. For example, if you borrow £100, the most you will repay is £150. This Guide to APR is worth a read.
- Fast student loans: Once you’re approved, we’ll send your cash instantly.
Flexible terms: If you need to top up your loan, move your repayment date or repay early to save on interest, we’ll see what we can do to help. See How it Works
Easy and fast student loans
Get back on your feet when finances get tight with our fast cash student loans.
Have any questions? Our friendly customer support team have the answers you need and can be contacted in a way that suits you. Fill in our online contact form, send us an email at [email protected] with a subject filled or call 0203 5071 930. Our phones are monitored 9am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday-Sunday.
If it’s right for you and you’re eligible, apply for a student loan and get the short-term help you need – fast.