What is a student loan without a guarantor?
It’s not always easy to ask friends and family for help with your money. If they’re unable to give you help, you also won’t want to use them as a guarantor if a loan needs one.
At Smart-Pig, we only offer student loans with no guarantor, meaning you don’t need to trouble your nearest and dearest and can get back on track quicker.
Our loans are made with speed in mind, so you could get up to £350 in as little as an hour if approved.
We won’t rush you when it comes to repayment, however. We match our student loans without a guarantor to UK student finance, never charging you more than 50% interest and keeping all costs and fees upfront, so you know exactly where you stand.
We know what students need from finance – it’s why we were established in the first place.
How to get a private student loan without a guarantor
If you need short-term help while at uni, we want to say yes. Our loans for UK students need no guarantor, are quick and easy to apply for and we will always be honest with you.
Before you can apply, you need to be:
- Studying at a UK college or university and in receipt of government finance in the form of a Student Loan, NHS Bursary or SAAS Award.
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of the UK
- In possession of a valid UK bank account and debit card
- Not in an insolvency arrangement such as bankruptcy or an IVA
If each of those statements applies to you, you can go ahead with an application for a student loan without a guarantor by following these simple steps.
1. Fill in the application form
Scroll to the top of the page and let us know how much you want to borrow and for how long. If that’s until your next student finance instalment, you can find the date on your student finance letter. If you can’t, the first day of next term will do. If you know you’ll be able to repay earlier, enter this date and you can save a bit on the interest.
You might need to create an account to complete your application. If so, you’ll need:
- A valid email address
- Your bank and debit card details
- A working mobile phone
The next step is to provide some details about your current expenditure and agree to a credit check. We’ll also need to cross-reference your student finance. Check out these guides on how to uncover the info we’ll need there:
- How to get your Student Finance Letter
- How to get your NHS Bursary Letter
- How to get your SAAS Award Letter
2. Reply to any queries
We’ll gather information from your credit report and assess your affordability alongside the details you’ve given us. In some cases, we might need some further details or to double-check something with you. If so, we will do this by email so keep an eye on your inbox and be sure to reply promptly to any messages so we can crack on with your application.
3. We’ll deposit your cash
As soon as you’re approved, we’ll transfer your money. You should have it soon afterwards and it’s often with our customers in just a few minutes.
What can no guarantor student loans be used for?
If you get into a tight spot, you want to get out of it fast and focus on your studies once again.
Our student loans without a guarantor can be used in a whole host of situations when you need short-term assistance, such as:
- Unexpected costs like repairs to your flat or possessions (laptop, phone).
- Larger expenses like a house deposit if you’ve found next year’s perfect pad.
- To get things to help you on your course, like reading materials and equipment.
It’s worth bearing in mind that, while we want to help anyone that needs it, we won’t offer you a loan if we don’t think it’s the best thing for you.
You might need to cover a short-term expense but are worried about a less-than-perfect credit record. Rest assured, we take the same human approach with every single application, so student loans with no guarantor might be available even if you have bad credit.
Why choose Smart-Pig’s no guarantor private student loans?
Our no guarantor student loans have helped UK students get short-term help in all kinds of situations. Here’s why you can trust us to do the same for you:
- Made for students: We launched Smart-Pig after our own experiences as students, so we know what you’re looking for and we want to help.
- Transparency: We won’t spring any nasty surprise fees on you, even if your repayments are late. You’ll always know exactly what you’re paying upfront.
- Grace period: Student finance instalments being late happens to people each term. If this happens to you when you are due to repay your loan, we’ll give you 10 days interest-free while you wait for finance to arrive.
- Interest capped: You will never pay more than 50% interest on the amount you borrow. Say you borrow £100, the most you will repay is £150 – no matter what. We know you might have seen other rates on the site (and maybe this page!) so check out this Guide to APR for more clarity.
- No waiting: As soon as you’re approved, we’ll transfer the money directly to your bank account. We call them quick loans for a reason.
- Terms on your terms: Loan top-ups. Flexible repayment dates. Early repayments to save interest. It’s all available to our customers. See How it Works.
No guarantor student loans made simple
Student loans with no guarantor can help when you need to meet an unexpected cost fast. A bust laptop won’t fix itself until your next finance instalment is due, after all.
You may well have more questions, so it’s handy that we have a friendly support team ready to answer them! You can get in touch with them via our online contact form, by emailing direct at [email protected] (remember to include a subject) or by calling 0203 5071 930 9am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday-Sunday.
Once you’ve got all the info you need and checked you’re eligible, apply for a student loan and we’ll get to work.